Tuesday, April 10, 2007

the return of the thing

wow, so long since my last entry! Now I have to decide whats important enough to bother writing about in a 3 month catch-up entry... eek!

Been some tough times lately. My whole family seems to be in a phase of financial difficulty, my own not helping at all, in fact I think mine is bad enough that it is dragging everyone else down a little further. Business hasn't been exactly slow.... I think it's just at that stage where its almost settled into place and ready to build up but still treading water. Kinda drowning a little before it figures out how to swim. So of course that leaves me coughing water and working my ass off for seemingly nothing, but I can still see "the light" and am kicking out behind me as hard as I can, moving slowly towards where I need to be.

So enough of the bad swimming analogies! I also got older (turned 37 Jan 20th, ouch) and fell in love. For those of you waiting on the impending release of my book about internet dating horror stories, I offer my humble apologies... not happening, at least not for now! I was gathering quite a collection of tales too.... but alas for my authorship, I found someone really wonderful amongst the dregs of society. Pretty amazing for me, the seasoned cynic, the eternal skeptic, the disbeliever, holding the staunch belief that nothing like this would ever happen to me. And now I'm looking in, but from the inside for the first time, and I like it.

Dale is.... well Dale is a lot of things, most of which will be boring as hell to anyone reading this, but interesting to me. He treats me better than I knew people treated each other, he makes me feel beautiful and interesting and happy. He has other things apart from me which are important to him (anyone who knows me will know how much that means to me!) and values the fact that I too have things I do which don't involve him. Things which in most relationships would normally piss me off, I am finding strangely endearing, or at least not as annoying as I would expect. He has a business which is very different to mine, but he finds the mechanics of my little business as interesting as I do the workings of his bigger one. He also loves me... always a bonus :)

Mum has been overseas again, this time to the US, florida to be more exact. She spent a lot of time waiting in queues at disney world, negotiated driving on the other side of the road, in the other side of a car, around DamYank highways and cities - truly heroic in my opinion! She also had lunch with an astronaut... unlike most people who say they went to "lunch with an astronaut" at Kennedy Space Centre, she was actually seated at his table! Long story, many many thanks to Ryan for saving her a fortune on international shipping and getting the tickets safely and rapidly to where they needed to be :) *hugs*

Really, I must sleep now though. As much as I am thrilled to finally achieve an update and have probably forgotten important things, it is 2am, i've already worked the better part of 13 hours today (on a public holiday) and have more to achieve in the morning to make deadline. I'll add more tomorrow if I think of it.

Nice to be blogging again though... I've missed it

2 Comments:

Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Lovely to see you blogging again! Lovely to hear as well that you've found love! That is truly wonderful. Say hi on MSN anytime you want :)

YAY for Uru Live!

1:37 PM GMT+12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, I wanna see some more stoies! :P

1:32 AM GMT+12  

Post a Comment

<< Home