Thursday, June 08, 2006

Curve Ball - part deux

[bigass rant]

Damn, a 2am blogging session is not what I had planned for the night…I was thinking more along the lines of sleep

I’m already overtired though, and when I’m overtired I think, lose sleep and get more tired – not my fave scenario but here we are!

So tonight I’m thinking about prison. Not hard to click what got me started on this train of thought if you read the previous post, but right now I’m not thinking about the job.

This time last year, I helped send my father to prison. Yet another long story which I will eventually tell, but the short version is that he molested my niece (and others), and about a year ago we sent him away for it.

Thing is, I’m pissed at him. Not only for what he did, but for the fact that he forced us all into the position of going through multiple trials and carrying the guilt of sending a 70 yr old man to prison. Made a little girl go through physical and psychological examinations, made his son want to kill him. Made me have to have *that* conversation with a child who has no idea what body parts are for, to try and determine the extent of what happened – the questions the police couldn’t ask directly and a child couldn’t understand indirectly.

And for destroying the work that I had done over the past several years on our relationship. When I was about 15, he and Mum divorced, and we had Sunday visits. They were boring and we hated them. Eventually I grew up a little, left school and started an grown-up life, so I decided it was time to learn about Dad and get to know him as a person as well as a parent. I liked him. I invested time energy and emotions into that relationship and it vanished, just like that.

Surely it wouldn’t take more than half a brain to know that the act of getting your rocks off by messing with a 6year old girl would have further consequences? How stupid can you be to think that a child, with all the personal safety education in schools now, would not tell? Her father is your son, aunties are your daughters – ya those relationships are gone too. In fact your entire family gets stomped into the mud. Sinead isn’t the only victim here, Surely he would’ve known that? Selfish bastard
[/bigass rant]

I also miss him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home