Monday, June 19, 2006

and the verdict is.....

they love me... they *really* love me!!

Today I had "The Talk" with the manager of my major contract, hoping against hope that he would agree to let me work from the south island and keep their contract... or at worst, to arrange what work I would need to finish before I leave and what date i'll have to cut off accepting work.

Well...

Not only were they so devastated at the thought of losing me that the huge extra cost involved in shipping everything inter-island to and from my new workroom is no obstacle, but they pointed out that I haven't had a pay rise in a while and are going to review that this week!

They said they will miss my presence (and loud music in the workroom) but finding someone else who can do all that I can would be near impossible.

I said that not only were they great to be around and to work for and with, but that they "appreciate the miracle of Me" (in quotes because I actually said it like that *giggles*)

So now when I move, I will have a couple of days' rest, then my business can carry on as usual instantly. If I get the prison job I'll do both... if not i'll have a while to look for another contract on top of this one.

*grins* I am one proud chikkie

*wanders off singing "Nobody Does it Better"*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home