Tuesday, January 09, 2007

'07

So its the beginning of a new year, bursting with promise

Last year I decided too late that I wanted to enter the WOW wearable arts awards... this year it isn't too late, and I already have an idea. I think its a pretty cool idea but am still fine tuning it.

So I ask - beg even - any of you 3 (maybe 4) people who ever read this - if you wanna hear about this design and maybe throw a couple of comments and suggestions into it... I'd love the help! Who knows, after a short chat about it I might decide its stupid and change tactic entirely - or I may get a better image of what I'm already heading towards and know what direction to go. All help is appreciated ;)

This year has potential I think. This year I am already out of Palmerston North (yay!!), already have my business running-ish, already have much of what I really need. Time to focus on me a little, give a crap about myself instead of putting myself aside for everyone else and for work. Not entirely sure how to do that yet, but working on it. I think I'll start with doing things I enoy more often. Read more, go on more photographic expeditions, paint, walk, explore. Ah look - a place to start - my life is better already!

I've decided it is time to try not being single for a while. This for me is weird - I've been alone a long time and i'm really good at being single. No idea why, just seems to have worked out that way. Thought I'd try getting slightly more practised at not being single for a change... see how long that idea lasts!

Also I'm in a new city now, I need more friends. I need places to go and people to talk to. I need to stop shutting myself away at work and get the hell out there! I used to have people around me all the time - self employment can be a social life killer but it doesn't have to be so I'm not going to let it any more. I *really* miss having people to talk to. I must get in touch with a few old online friends as well - I miss chatting for hours or minutes, whenever our timezones and schedules allowed. I made some excellent friends online, met a few of them as well and would hate to lose touch altogether.

Anyway, yes, I plan to make this year a good one. It is off to a decent start already and I mean to make it continue that way.

So to share my greatest words of wisdom, a motto a friend and I created (over several alcoholic drinks most likely) and I have tried to live by every day since.....


Don't fuck it up.

try it - it works ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

...and if we actually LIVED by our motto (instead of just using it as an extra excuse to say 'fuck') we'd be sweet! You know where my house is, and need to visit it more often! :) :) :) As for the single thing... there is usually a collection of hot boys in my living room. Sure, they're usually gay, but that's never stopped me!

Love Jonny! (that's an order, not a farewell)

9:33 AM GMT+13  
Blogger Jen said...

...Like I need an excuse!

and yay! one person read it :P

Hi Jonny, yes I'll get better at visiting - You're always so busy entertaining hot gay boys but I'll be there

Love Jen - never a farewell :)

6:43 PM GMT+13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh I love your blog... Good luck with 07, lets hope it all works out well :D

BTW I am not being a hypocrite by posting this at 3:30am at all!

7:27 AM GMT+13  
Blogger Jen said...

2 people... unheard of!!!

Thanks JW, love having you read it too :) (look, I made the J work! and again!!)

'07 has already had its little hiccups, but will still be the best one yet, I'm gonna make sure of it. You do the same!

And go to sleep!! :|

4:19 PM GMT+13  
Blogger Rils said...

Lets make it 3...

Gingie, whare ya been?! At least yer still alive, that's a good start! Stop by and say hi sometime, will ya? ;)

Miss you!

5:52 PM GMT+13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie?

2:45 AM GMT+13  

Post a Comment

<< Home