Tuesday, December 19, 2006

so close...

Well I am almost at a point where I can return to sanity - or as close to it as I ever was, which isn't probably very close.... but that's the way I like it ;)

the season's traditional visions of sugarplums have carefully avoided dancing in my head, and have been replaced by visions of relaxing evenings, time to read and especially time to spend on "certain things" I am involved in which are important to me (and I have felt increasing guilty for not participating as much as I would like lately). Simple dreams which feel so unreachable, but in only a few *not so short* days will be fulfilled.

My business' christmas rush is almost over. I have been working between 14 and 18 hours a day for the past 5 weeks, without a single day off, and it is seriously taking its toll. I feel old and haggard, unattractive and unappreciated.... but soon, very soon, the rush will be over, I'll enjoy some time off followed by a lighter workload, and the money will start pouring in for the work I've done, though of course having just set up the business in a new city, most if not all of said money will simply pay my set-up costs.

Right now though, oney is the last thing on my mind - gotta make the deadlines before the money comes in - so a few more days in my little sweat-shop and I'll start to realise those dreams

Then the sugar-plums will be free to dance, more than likely assisted by a large bottle of something extremely tasty and alcoholic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home