Monday, April 10, 2006

More Politics

and so it begins...

Tonight I had a chat with a slacker. Um so? no big deal? well it wasn't to me, in fact it was a good chat, but it almost broke my heart when he thanked me for saying hello because most people don't any more, simply because of his associations. wtf? he hadn't done anything to me personally, so why wouldn't I talk to him? This is where these battles hurt, when explorers won't talk to each other because someone else started a fight. That's so sad.

You know i'm actually glad i haven't campaigned much if at all. I have not once directly sought a vote, and have deliberately stayed out of discussions on the DRC forum. Tonight a few of us joked about a campaign slogan for me, but that's as far as it has gone.... oh and we settled on something like "GingerDiva: Tasty and dangerous" yeah, real serious campaigning lol

But you know, i have had a few PMs from other explorers telling me they voted for me. Some i know well, some I have only met a few times, if that! That makes me feel so good.

I know I don't have a chance at election, but that even a few people think of me... as a friend or as someone who was kind and helped them on their first visit to the cavern (and whenever else they asked), as someone who would be a good liaison or just as someone fun to be around.... that they remember me when the time comes to check a box just makes me feel good. Nothing to do with politics, just as confirmation that I have been the kind of person I want to be.

I voted too. Fortunately for my conscience, my votes went to people I consider to be friends and who would make great liaisons, so from here I leave it up to the general populace to make the final decision.....

though there are another few days left.... still time to campaign if i feel the urge ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home