Friday, March 31, 2006

enigma

I am an enigma
Don’t try to understand me, I’ve tried that, it doesn’t work
I’ll just surprise and confuse you, as I do myself
I’m far more intelligent than I let on, far less confident than I will show.
I’m a cynical hopeless romantic
I love long in-depth conversations about complete crap
I’m one of the strongest people I have ever met… but I can crumple with the best of them
I equally love and hate myself, often simultaneously
But never undervalue me or underestimate me
I am worth the effort
Enigma is good…. I think

2 Comments:

Blogger Rils said...

People sometimes forget that life's no fun without a little paradox. Why should it be simple? We aren't simple beings. We love, we hate, we grow, we destroy. Embrace or reject it, it'll still be there.

Things don't have to make sense. I've only found one thing that does, and even that is paradoxical in nature.

Better than being unemotional uncreative unthinking robots though, eh?

whoops, better go to bed before I actually say something profound...

6:12 PM GMT+12  
Blogger Jen said...

okay, now i'm curious about what the one thing that makes sense is, and why it too is paradoxical :P

you realise i'm gonna have to hound you till you tell me? ;)

4:20 PM GMT+12  

Post a Comment

<< Home