Monday, March 20, 2006

fresh

i've started getting ready to move. I have no idea when this is actually going to happen, sometime in the next couple of months though, so I at least have a vague timeframe to work with.

Today i pulled everything out of my linen closet. Big mistake, when you consider 2 things:

1: i have a LOT of linen; bed bath and table. My mother and I were in business a few years ago, first in retail, we had a shop where we stocked and sold (and "acquired") some of the finest linens in the world, so i have some gooooood stuff!

it had been so long since i even saw a lot of it, that i got all emotional about it when i un-buried it from the rest.... i'm SUCH a freak!

2: I have no boxes. I'm trying to sort all this stuff, give away what I don't want any more, I have taken all this linen out of the closet, and now its laid all over my bed... but unless i want to put it right back where i got it from, there's nowhere to put it!

i think, in the back of my mind, that the idea in doing this was to use the linen closet to put boxes of things that are ready to move. I guess I had better go get boxes - MORE than i need for right now, in preparation for my next un-anticipated burst of energy!

This move worries me though. For so many reasons. I know it is a move i've been meaning to make for the past 10 years and i'm thrilled that i am finally making it, but for some reason i have a bad feeling about it.

Must stop thinking about it and just do it - i will have a better life there, I will be near my family, and a half day's drive from several old friends. I love Christchurch as a city, hate Palmerston North. There is a much higher population there than here, so my business shouldn't have too many problems settling back into operation when i get there - i am even planning to start getting the leg work done from here, get a few contracts organised in advance and hopefully start almost immediately.

So there is definitely more good in going than staying. If i stayed, nothing would change. ever.
and believe me, things need to change.

apparently starting with boxes!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rils said...

Oh, you love moving, you know you do... Especially after 8 or 10 or however many years it's been! Good golly!

Let me know if you find my hat while yer packing, I wouldn't mind having it back...

1:50 PM GMT+12  
Blogger Jen said...

hehe no hat here, i hid it well, and the extortion sum.....no...... reward isn't nearly large enough to warrant it's return just yet ;)

nice try though! :D

-Jen

10:22 PM GMT+12  

Post a Comment

<< Home